I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

DINNER FOR 2 & HEARTS AT WORK!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!

Even though I do decorate like a crazy woman, we really don't make a big deal out of celebrating Valentine's Day. Usually we are working so a nice meal at home is what we like.

I did a simple little tablescape........

You can see that I used one of my yard sale finds, a vintage tablecloth with red roses......

See my Dining Room Valentine Tree in the background......

A simple setting for two.....

Red chargers from the Christmas Tree Shop along with white dinner plates with a gold rim. These were also bought at the Christmas Tree Shop at 90% Clearance for 10 cents a piece!!!!
Yep! you read that right..... 10 cents a piece!!

The red heart plates are from Target on Clearance , of course!


The flowers , mercury glass votives and little cherub are items I pulled from the Living Room Valentine Decorations.....

A candy box that I embellished......

Vintage napkins.....








One of our favorite Italian Eateries is locally owned and called Leggio's. We usually call in an order and Joe picks it up on his way home from work.

You definitely get your money's worth.

This is Joe's favorite ........
Veal Parmigiana with a side of spaghetti and a salad......


Do you see the size of that piece of veal???? And yes, Joe ate the whole thing.......

An order of garlic bites is included.....

And this is half of my Chicken Parmigiana with a side of spaghetti......


Here is the other half with 2 garlic bites left over and I did not eat my salad. Another meal for me....

All this for a mere $31.00!!!

You can't beat it!!
The owner is right from Italy so the food is superb!

And now I want to show you how I decorated the Rehab Department in which I work for Valentine's Day.

Ever since I did the decorations for Christmas, I have been elected to do the decorations for other Holidays....

When you step off the elevator , you see the wreaths that I made....


Grapevine wreaths with a white rose garland wired in and red velvet roses and hearts from the Dollar Tree added to it....


I made the bows using 2 different ribbons....


I left up 2 of the little trees that we had in our Nurse's Station...
You know me with trees!!

Here is the little tree that I decorated for Valentine's Day using roses and red heart lights......

I left some of the snow men out because it is still winter....


And this tree is inside the Nurse's station and is still decorated for Winter with some silver balls and snowflakes and a snow man at the base. I just added a bow made out of Valentine Ribbon on the top.....

And I hung some cupids from another Dollar store ( pack of 6 for a buck) around!!


I will leave these decorations up for about another week at work since Feb. is Heart Month and then I will decorate for St. Patrick's Day......

Our patients and staff like the decorations and it makes things a bit more festive.......

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

I am linking up to these parties:

Home Decor and Organizing Link Party

Wow Us Wednesday

Rednesday

Tablescape Thursday

Delightfully Inspiring Thursday

Open House Party Thursday
Homemaking Link Up Party

Home Sweet Home Friday

Show and Tell Friday

Potpourri Friday

Vintage Inspiration Friday

Thrifty Things Friday
Tickled Pink Friday

Seasonal Sunday
Sunday's Best
Woman Thing, the Link Party
Masterpiece Monday

Mod Vintage Mix Monday

Amaze Me Monday

Metamorphosis Monday
The Valentine's Day Party
Valentine Par-Tay with Laurie

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today and every day that you take the time to visit with me!

Hugs,
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...