I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Sunday, September 13, 2015

How to Make Toilet Paper Pumpkins!!

 In my last post, I hinted that I was doing something with this......
 Several years ago, Pumpkins made out of toilet paper were all the rage in Blogland!
 
And I bought some cheap toilet paper and had good intentions but never got around to making them.......
So I decided to try my hand at making them now and assembled the above supplies...

I had bought 2 quilt quarters on Clearance for $1.00 each a few years ago because I love the fabric design......
I placed the roll of toilet paper in the middle........
And started to gather the fabric around the toilet paper.........
Making what almost looks like pleats.......
Then tucked the excess fabric into the top of the roll and pushed it down with a pair of pinking shears......
This is how it looks with the fabric part finished.......
Next, I took a paper roll that I had saved from a roll of contact paper .........
Then I cut a piece of burlap ribbon off a roll that I had bought at Micheal's for other projects.....
I glued the end of the burlap ribbon to the roll and wrapped it around, leaving some excess at the top.
I folded the other end over and glued it in place......
Then I pushed the "stem" into the top of the toilet paper pumpkin!!
Next, I pushed down the excess around the top of the "stem", making it a bit uneven creating that "stem" look and glued it in place......
I made 2 pumpkins, using quilt quarters and a 3rd one using a fabric napkin.......
BUT I could not just leave them like that even though they did look cute.......
I cut " leaves" from gold velour fabric and green velvet fabric scraps that I had saved from other projects.........
Along with "leaves" cut from the burlap ribbon.........

I used pinking shears so they would not fray.........
I glued them to the pumpkins.....
 But I thought it needed something else........
  I found some ribbon in my stash.......
 I only had enough for 2 pumpkins so I used another ribbon on the 3rd pumpkin.......
So here they are...........

All finished.........
For now, I have them displayed on the steps until I get out the rest of my Fall decorations......
The lanterns were bought on Clearance for $3.99 each at Lowes.....
I bought a bag of decorative acorns at Big Lot's and threw them in around the bottom of the lanterns along with a leaf or 2 from Dollar Tree......
 The red lantern also came from Lowes and it was also on Clearance!
The candles are the colored Flameless Candles that I shared in THIS POST.....

I have the set on gold, red and gold for Fall......
They just might end up staying here.........

I am already envisioning other fabrics to use to make more.........
Each one took about only 15 minutes to make!!

It was truly an easy project!

I have been doing quite a bit of  crafting for Fall and Halloween and loving it because it is for me and not because I am under the pressure to make things for Craft Fairs as a vendor!!!

And I want to use up what supplies that I have.........

I  hope you will come by and visit  again to see what I have been up to!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie


In addition to my weekly parties, I am linking up to the Fabulous Fall Linky Party over at my friend Grantham Lynn's on her Blog  My Journey Back !!
The party runs every Tuesday so please link up your Fall posts , both past and present and future ones to this great party!

No Halloween posts as she will be holding a special Halloween party for those!!

I am linking up to these weekly parties:

Flaunt Your Fall Party!! 

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase 
 Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Share It Sunday
  Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
Sundays Down Under
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
 Busy Monday
  What'd You Do This Weekend? 
 Make It Pretty Monday
Merry Monday Linky Party
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
  
TUESDAY
 Wake Up Wednesdays 
  Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop 
 Wow Us Wednesday
 Sizzle into Summer Party
 Vintage Inspiration Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
What's It Wednesday

THURSDAY
 Homemaking Weekend Link Up Party
 It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
 Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party

 FRIDAY
 Simple and Sweet Fridays
 The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
 Friday Features Linky Party
 Show and Tell Friday
 Home Matters Linky Party
  Friday Favorites
Welcome to the Weekend Blog Hop
   Flaunt It Fridays
  What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party 

SATURDAY
 The Creative Collection Link Party
  Pink Saturday- Anything Goes
 Saturday Sparks
Party Junk

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

2 comments:

  1. Now why didn't I think of that? lol, how smart using toilet paper rolls for pumpkins (until you need toilet paper that is). Great idea making your gorgeous pumpkins with tp as base. Gonna have to print this out so I don't forget.
    Have wonderful Sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are so easy to make!! Thanks so much for visiting! I could not get in touch with you any other way but here so I am responding here...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...